Golf VR6 1996 Engine

Am thinking of buying one of these with a full service history and 92000 miles for about £2000. Can find no record of a cambelt change and engine does not look as if it has one - is it a camchain engine.

Is the engine a real V6 or is it a "staggered" straight 6 with one head and only two camshafts please - I can find no information on the net about the engineconfiguration?

Also does the price look OK

Reply to
washboard

Yes.

More or less a staggered I6

Homer

This is about a VW Golf 2.8 VR6 which does not seem to have come up in the window !!

Reply to
washboard

Thanks very much - this site told me all I wanted to know.

Washboard - this is part of the name of the Jazz band I play in !!!!

Reply to
washboard via CarKB.com

Thanks Homer - the site you indicated told me all I wanted to know.

Have also found the full workshop manual now on disc from ebay for £5 + Postage - well that is what is claimed, will find out when it arrives!!!

Reply to
washboard via CarKB.com