98 Jetta radio codes? or reset procedure?

They need to pull the radio to get the serial number and to get the code. the more you try it the longer you have to wait to try again so unless you have the code I wouldn't try random numbers.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Hi,

It's a 98 Jetta GL 2.0 with a Radio/Cd Dash unit that says "Volkswagon" on it. Linked to a 6 CD Sony changer in the back. My wife says it stopped working over night. I pulled the fuse, it was fine. I turned on the ignition and the clock reset and the radio appeared to just be getting power back. It says, "SAFE", and then displays the number "1000" and it seems i can enter numbers with the CD selector.

I just called the dealer and they say they need to pull the radio. Too bad todays the last day of my warranty. I recieved no manual with the car (Cert Pre-Owned) but hope theres some kind of code I can enter...

peace and tia, les

Reply to
Les

just goto the vw dealer, they will pull the radio out in 30 seconds, match it with your vin # and tell you the code free of charge. I've had this done with both a Quantum & jetta

Reply to
Lee

It's look like you and I have the same PROBLEM! I have been told that if contact is lost with the battery for any reason (could be a short)(a bad connection)(a low battery)( or any reason that power is lost to the radio and other parts of the car) Ask the dealer for a manul To read on how to set the codes (After you get them)they all work the same.Good luck I bought one with out knowing the codes too. If the dealer wants, to keep your business he should help you( mine better!!)

Reply to
willuhelp

OK, well it's all set now. Dealer did it for free. No appointment necessary. I'll look at the battery and make sure it's not low on fluid, corroded.

peace, les

Reply to
Les