98 Jetta VR6 USA w/ 0413 engine code

Hey all. Topic says it. My air pump (recently replaced) isn't coming on and I've replaced the relay. Anyone have any insight? Please and thanks, HKD

Reply to
HanKdKranK

Are you sure is does not run? if your code is for incorrect flow it could be many different things.

Reply to
LG

The pump will run. I rapped on the relay and got it running once that way. I'm thinking there's a sensor gone bad somewhere - maybe the O2 sensor?

Thanks, HDK

Reply to
HanKdKranK

The pump will run. I rapped on the relay and got it running once that way. I'm thinking there's a sensor gone bad somewhere - maybe the O2 sensor?

Thanks, HDK

Reply to
HanKdKranK

did you take out the relay and jump the proper terminals to get the pump to run?

Rapping on a relay making an accessory run/operate does not sound good to me! Sounds like a bad relay.

If you had a vag-com tool like the ross-tech.com tool, you can remotely test your air pump system. ;-)

JMHO

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1