Vanagon Subaru Tochometer change ?

Hi everyone.

What thing must be change in tachometer to received the signal from subaru engine EJ22. it is something like that

inside tacho.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Szewczak

I'd guess they are adding an amplifier to the tach signal input. I had to use a gas engine tack on a diesel once, and the diesel's tach output was way too low. I used a simple IC OP amp, and one or two other parts. Took about an hour to design and build.

Reply to
PeterD

Uzytkownik "PeterD" napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

It must be something like that. I know only that signal from subaru ECU is too week for VW tacho.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Szewczak

"Adam Szewczak" schreef in bericht news:h967bu$jva$ snipped-for-privacy@news.onet.pl...

It's very simple. I guess the vanagon picks up the signal from the neg. side of the coil(?) If so then all you have to do is follow the signal wire where it connects on the small pcb. There's prob a resistor in line with this wire which reduces the high voltage comming from the coil. You can by pass this resistor with a low value resistor untill you get a reading. Start with 1k. The subaru prob has a tach output pulse of 12V, measure this first.

I've done this mod on a golf II tach to read the 12v signal of the ford edis system.

SFC

Reply to
SFC