Anybody know the pinout for older Blaupunkt radios ?

Yeah, I know it's somewhat off topic, but I figured I'd ask here, since a lot of VW owners know a thing or two about Blaupunkt.

The Radio in question is a Blaupunkt SQR26 "Portland", circa mid '80s. It's the older-style connector with a large 6-pin power connector and 4 small

2-pin connectors for the speakers, not the newer ISO connectors. What I can't figure out is the extra small pins on the power connector.

Starting from the edge of the radio, the power connector has:

- (Large pin) - Ground

- (Large Pin) - 12V Power

- (Large Pin) - Empty

- (Small Pin) - ???

- (Small Pin) - ???

- (Small Pin) - ???

The wiring appears to have been printed on the top of the radio, but is illegible. Anybody got a similar model?

Thanks.

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau

shouldn't you also have: one pin for 12V ign power one pin for the power antenna one pin for an external amp maybe?

Just guessing here. Did you check with Blaupunkt?

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Yes, I'm guessing the large power pin is for switched power and one of the smaller ones is for constant power to the memory. Except - unless I missed something - I tried them all on my test bench, radio seems to work other than not holding the memory.

Nothing on the Blaupunkt site that I could find. Found a Porsche site that was similar but not quite there - apparently Blaupunkt-for-Porsche radios of this era used pin #3 but regular blaupunkts didn't, which makes me suspicious of the remaining pinouts.

I'd rather get this radio figured out than buy a new one, it matches the interior of my early Jetta closer than the newer Blaupunkts that light up like Times Square on New Year's Eve. Plus an old radio like this is less of a temptation for break-ins.

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau

My Blaupunkt is probably too old since I was running it in my Beetle. I will try to dig it up to see which model it was. I know that it had the two shafts. I am not sure what yours looks like. I will assume that you just push in into the hole to install it if it goes into a Jetta. ;-)

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I don't suppose your old two-shaft Blaupunkt is a CR-2032 by chance ? If so, contact me offline if you ever want to sell it.

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau