Anyone ever replace an a2 starter on an automatic? ANYBODYWOODCHUCKANYBODY?

Do I have to completly remove the drive shaft to get the starter out or can I just remove the bolts holding the (12 point 8 mm) inner shaft to the tranny?

Reply to
Mustangbrad

Usually I remove the right side shaft completely for added room. Altho there was one car that I did not have to move the shaft at all. It had room, but I have forgotten which car it was. 8-( I am pretty sure that the heatshield was either missing or I was able to remove it before I was able to get that starter completely out.

dave

Reply to
Bob Hetzel

I pulled the 6 bolts out from the inner CV joint and it swung out of the way enough to get the starter out, next time try it this way, you won't have to pull the whole axle.

Reply to
Mustangbrad