Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CODE 4626?
I have a 2000 Golf TDI. Today it seemed to loose about 50% of it's power, then shortly thereafter the "Check Engine' light came on. I hooked up my trusty C-Tool scanner and it displayed code 4626. The...
6
6

1974 Super Beetle turn signal/flasher relay
Can anybody help? I have a five pin relay that appears to be bad (shake & sounds like a broken light bulb), signals don't work, flashers don't work. Checked bulbs - OK. THe part I took off the back of...
4
4

Vanagon and mice nests in the Air inlet
Can anyone advise me on how to get into the air inlet in the front of my vanagon, some rodents have nested inside and when I turn on the heater it really smells. I have taken the front grill off and...

EPC + ASR = WTF?
I have an '02 Passat GLS wagon with the 1.8T engine. Driving home from work this afternoon, just as I got off the freeway and slowed to 35MPH or so, the EPC and ASR lights came on. Engine speed...
5
5

Hesitation/Stumble -- Vacuum Leak @ Brake Booster/Master Cylinder
Brake Booster/Master Cylinder Vacuum O-Ring Seal -- Stumble/Hestiation =AB =BB 8:33 PM 10-16-2006 Basic Information 1981 vw rabbit fuel injected-1.7L-EN engine-with A/C --built in usa-- A westmoreland...
12
12

A2 GTI 8V Digifant II Possible Bad ECU?
It seems that I have been driving without an O2 Sensor input for about a year now. I just recently repaired the wiring from the ECU to the O2 Sensor (generic Bosch 3-wire), re-spliced it in properly...
5
5

Golf Mk3 (1992) Misfiring???
1992 Golf Mk3, 1.8 GL, 70k miles, Engine code ABS, all useful advice appreciated! Recently noticed car has started to shudder when idling and exhaust seems to make a sputtering sound when ticking...
14
14

Passat water leaks
Hi group, I have a 1991 Passat Variant that has developed water leaks in the back. With the rear door opened on the left and right there are two "cabinets", each accessible via a plastic door. I used...
6
6

Corrado lights problem
I have a 1990 Corrado G60, and in trying to use my high beams, they don't work. I'm assuming that it is the stalk on the steering column. Has anyone else run into this problem, or have any better...
4
4

VR6 Hot Start Problem
Corrado VR6 has recently starting stumbling badly after a hot start. Starts OK but then the idle speed drops until it almost stalls at which point something kicks in and the revs shoot up after which...
4
4

Intermittent audio distortion (2004 VW Golf)
I have a 2004 VW Golf, with the original AM/FM/CD receiver replaced with a Kenwood receiver that has MP3 and Sirius radio capability. In general, it works fine. However, there is an intermittent...
12
12

1996 VW Jetta GLS - Turn signal does not work when brakes are used.
I've had problems with my turning signal lately, and now it doesn't work completely when i press on the brakes. Is this an expensive problem or would it be an easy fix. Thanks.
3
3

1984 GTI Rabbit Ox Sensor Frequency valve and Control Unit Mystery
Hello Note this is long with lots of details but I believe it is important to understand what is going on. I posted a couple of months ago about my 1984 Gti Rabbit. I originally thought that I had...
7
7

Water pump or timing belt problems with ATQ V6 30V Engine?
I have a 2001 Passat V6 30V Passat (ATQ engine) with about 65k miles. I have read elswhere about water pump problems (plastic impeller) with this engine but I do not know if the problem was resolved...
7
7

Turn signal/blinker clicking problem
I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8T. When I use the turn signal, everything seems to work properly, lights flash corrently, clicking is normal, etc. However, when the turn signal stops, the clicking sound...
4
4

vr6 engine bogging down
02 gti vr6.. What causes the engine to hesitate/cough/sputter when I shift into 2nd gear after winding out 1st gear. I don't power shift into 2nd, it's more of a speed shift but I do push my foot...
1
1

95 Cabrio won't start, no spark, no fuel pump
My 95 VW Cabrio (2.0l ABA engine, 90k miles) died a few blocks after starting it, yesterday. Since then, engine will crank but won't start. When it died, the fuel level was pretty low, and the fuel...
9
9

Check Engine Emissions Workshop warning - 2000 Passat
Hi, I am experiencing what is apparently a not too infequent problem for VW owners - the abovementioned warning light (2000 Passat GLX V6). I have noticed a gasoline smell from time to time and...
9
9

Engine flush worth it?
When I bring my 98 Passat Wagon in for service, the dealer tries to sell me an "Engline Flush". Best I can tell from the literature is that it uses some 3M product that's supposed to flush out "gunk"...
10
10

Passat coolant light is on
My VW Passat coolant light (the one that looks like a thermometer with a wave under it) came on during the cold snap the other day and came on again today (it's very cold out again today). 1) On both...
8
8