Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

adding an equalizer to a passat
Hi all, I have a 2002 Passat with the Monsoon sound system. It is definately loud with plenty of bass but the highs need some work. Has anyone added an equalizer to your Passat? If so, what brand and...
4
4

Engine overheating and No heat inside the car?
I drive a '00 Jetta. On my drive home from work one cold February night, I looked at the dash to learn the coolant was overheating. Many people would think the temperature gauge translates to the...
6
6

Hissing Sound From Bottom of Pistons
I'm in the process of replacing the timing belt, tensioner, and all the oil seals on the front of my engine. In the process, I have removed the oil pan. Tonight while working under the car, I turned...
2
2

VW brain fart
It's probably just me, but the upcoming Jetta (most recent auto mags have pics) has to be one of the WORST VW designs to come down the pike in a long time. I mean, styling inspiration via Corolla? How...
16
16

CD Changer wire harness colours/what they do?
Hello Everyone. Is there anyone here that knows what the different wires do for the VW 6-CD changer? Car is a 1999.5 with the stock wiring harness... I'm trying to make an adaptor so I can use my VW...
5
5

What happened to VW Scirocco's ?
When did they quit making Scirocco's? These were easily the nicest looking cars ever made. Where can I get a good used one now that I finally have the $$$ for one?
20
20

97 Cabrio Shift Linkage
Hi, I am having problems adjusting the shift linkage on my 97 Cabrio A3 with a 020 shift linkage. I don't have the special tool. I have seen passing references to a way to adjust the linkage with the...
1
1

1.8T -VWs worst engine-ever?
What a great engine... LOL Bulletins for 2002 Volkswagen GTI 1.8L T L4-1781cc 1.8L Turbo Service Bulletins TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title 1. 9704-02 APR 04 Ignition System - MIL ON/Misfire DTC's Set...
14
14

VW-FOX Fuse box terminals 36-38 (where are they?!)
Hello newsgroup. After a couple years of replacing starters, batteries, battery cables, etc.. it's time to try the 36-38 wire bridge. Problem is, I can't find it! I know it's supposed to be on the...
6
6

95 Golf - what ATF to use (WV ATF or Dexron)?
Hi All, I have a 95 Golf III GL with automatic transmission (type 096 CNK). It seems ATF was never changed, so I am about to do it. But there is a problem: all manuals (Bentley et al) and "Volkswagen...
7
7

1991 Jetta TurboDiesel - top speed issue
Hi - posting this for a friend of mine I have a 1991 Jetta TD, with 287K Kms on it. New injector pumps, glow plugs, air filter, some other engine work was done to it, new fuel filters... Basically the...
15
15

98 beetle P1128 code
I received a 98 beetle with check engine light on P1128 code- long term fuel trim too lean, found air pump hose disconnected from air cleaner, after reconnecting will still set code after 10-20 miles...
1
1

VW brake job rip-off???
Hi everyone, Just looking for a bit of feedback: I've got a 99 Jetta TDI with 37K (mostly city) miles, and was told that I needed new brake pads and rotors for all four tires (the rear brakes being...
10
10

98 beetle intermitent odometer problem
I have a 98 new beetle 2.0L 5 speed. The odometer will stop tabulating mileage, but the display will still show the mileage where it stopped (i.e., the display works, but stuck at whatever mile even...
3
3

Please Help Me Start my 1995 Cabrio
Car: 1995 VW Cabrio 2.0 L ABA engine 5 spd manual tranny Problem history: 1. Car was getting an intermittent MIL. DTC codes (OBD I) showed 2113 (Camshaft Position Sensor). MIL would illumninate, car...

Shifter Stuck in 3rd gear
Shifted into 3rd gear tonight, maybe a little harder then normal and would not come back out?? Tried everying to haul it back out, but no luck. Had to drive home in 3rd gear!! What could be the...
8
8

88 Fox Will Not Stay Running
Hello I replaced the engine in my Fox with one out of a '91 Golf. Engine block and cylander head are all the same for 1.8l. I have everything hooked up properly but when I fire the engine it will only...
9
9

(Warranty) 2001 1.8T Volkswagen Jetta currently 49,000 miles
Hello, RE: 2001 1.8T Volkswagen Jetta Repair Cost I have been fortunate not to put alot of money into repairs, but I have spent countless hours at the VW dealerships. Every time I come out of the...
12
12

Loosey-Goosey Steering
Hi Everyone, Got my Jetta back from the body shop and took her for a run today to "strectch her legs" and found that at speeds above 60 M.P.H (100 KM), the steering feels really light and somewhat...
7
7

85 Jetta - Dies when accelerating
My daughter's 1985 Jetta GLI (1.8L CIS-E) dies when beginning to accelerate, but only after the engine has just been started. The engine can be hot or cold, it doesn't matter. After re-starting and...
5
5