Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VW Golf Trunk/hatchback size
hey, looking to buy a Golf. not sure what year i would be getting though. Can anybody tell me the size of the trunk space/hatch opening . thanks! Jordan
10
10

84 VW Rabbit GTI - Hard to start when hot
Regarding my recently aquired 84 VW Rabbit GTI - manual trans - 8 valve. I have read posts regarding topics relating to hard, hot starts but have some additional questions. The car starts fine when...
7
7

Oil consumption for 2.0L 8V - solved?
I am contemplating the purchase of a new 2007 "City Golf" this summer. This car is equipped with the been-around-for-ages 2.0L 8V engine. In and around the year 2000, these engines had a reputation...
11
11

CD Player Error- Standard Eurovox
Hi, My 1998 Golf has a standard Eurovox single cd player/radio. Model 4680. It is coming up with an error that says E-04, which the manual tells me the disc is dirty (which it's not). Have tried a...

1994 VW Jetta III cranks and won't start
two weeks ago, on my way from from work, my jetta was losing coolant due to broken hose, got overheated and stalled right after i had parked it. now it will crank but won't start. i first checked oil...
15
15

Vanagon 83 - sliding door lock is stuck, help!
Hi, I've got a Vanagon '83 and the sliding door lock is stuck. The unlock-via-key from outside has NEVER worked since I got this (used) vehicle, but I was able to open the passenger-side door and...

How do I remove 82 Rabbit Steering Wheel (with video)
I am trying to remove my 82 Rabbit diesel steering wheel and can't figure it out. I have removed plenty of steering wheels before but I can't figure out how to get this metal horn switch plate out of...
2
2

Corrado G60 PCV valve?
Can someone tell me, on a Corrado G60, is there any kind of filter in what I assume is the PCV valve (big square thing on the driver's side of the timing cover, with an elbow to the boost bypass tube)...
4
4

1997 Jetta Automatic Transmission problems
I have a 1997 Jetta GLS with automatic transmission, and it is having some problems shifting. Sometimes it will rev for a few seconds in one gear before shifting, and the shift is occasionally rough....
3
3

Spongy brakes on new Beetle
Hi guys, Having problem with 2001 Beetle. Have just replaced all brake pads and front discs and replaced brake fluid. Noticed brakes were really spongy so bled fluid and replaced again but still have...
6
6

How often change timing belt 2001 Jetta TDI?
Dealer says change belt every 40k. Owner of a VW repair shop who does a ton of VW repairs says every 80k. I've heard there's a "long life" Timing belt? What are your thoughts? Thanks, Kerry
14
14

can a faulty voltage regulator kill a battery? 91 Fox alternator (90A
my big question here is CAN A FAULTY VOLTAGE REGULATOR KILL A (relatively) NEW BATTERY??.. i posted a few days ago about my 91 fox alternator (90 Amps) problems... q quick recap-- my battery didn't...
5
5

92 Jetta runs rich then stalls
My 92 Jetta started having a new problem last night. It was about -15C outside and it would start and run for 2 seconds and then stall. If I keep the revs up for about 30 seconds then it will idle but...
12
12

90 Jetta, won't start in rain.
Good minds come together and solve a problem. Nice.
9
9

1989 VW Cabriolet Cold Start Problems
I have an 89 Cabby, and the ole girl has a hard time starting in the morning. I have to crank her serveral times. She has had a tune up, all the basics and her main fuel pump is about 3 years old....
8
8

Oil cap sludge in 99 Beetle
Hi, My wife's '99 Beetle 2.0 has about 65,000 km and we have been having some issues with the car. The dealers around here (Norway) have not been very helpful, so I am trying to diagnose the problem...
12
12

square to round headlight conversion
Is it possible to take the square headlights out of my 89 Jetta Wolfy and put in the round European headlights ? My apologies if its a duplicate post. I couldn't find it in the search. Chris
6
6

Batt drain problem
Hi everyone. A friend has a VW Polo twist 2004 which drains the battery every two days or so when the vehicle is standing idle. So she has been told by the VW garage the problem is the car radio -...
15
15

Help. rebuilt inner CV joint, A2. Joint won't swivel now
Hi, I'm replacing the outer CV joint and boot on an '85 Golf. At the same time, I've disassembled and cleaned the inner CV joint to put in new grease and a new inner boot. However, on putting the ball...
4
4

1992 Volkswagen (VW) Jetta Diesel TDI Overheat Coolant Leak Issue
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to post a problem I had experienced with my 1992 VW Jetta TDI, and what I finally figured the solution to be. I read an awful lot of posts regarding engine overheat...
23
23