Brakes,Shocks,exhaust!

Ok, I checked 2 dealers and 2 independant VW techs and got prices on items for my 1998 A3 Jetta GLS with 2.0L and auto.

Both independants were withing about $10 of each other, the dealers were on another planet.

To replace the rear drum shoes, rear cylinders, new brake fluid and new rear bearings was about $450 at both independant techs.

Replacing the standard rear shocks with Boge turbo gas was $400. Both advised NOT to use the standard hydraulic shock.

Replacing the worn out OEM exhaust with a Bosal and center pipe( sp?) was $500.

Fushing the coolant and replacing thermostat was $150.00

Any thoguhts?

Thansk!

Reply to
Carl