cab ashtray, will it fit?

Im looking at an ebay auction for an ashtray. I need to replace the one in my 82 vw rabbit pickup. item # 7954725181 on ebay. Will this fit my truck as it is suggested on the auction?

Reply to
thateb

Did you ask the seller?

Reply to
Papa

it sounds like he's asking for a second opinion (not trusting the seller).

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
thateb
********* Good luck. I've been ripped off on ebay so much I've quit using them, unless I can pick up the item localy. They do NOTHING when someone does not send you the item, or substitutes a cheaper one (unless it's $500 or more & then with enough paperwork & IF you file the complaint RIGHT AWAY you MIGHT get back UP TO $175). Not only that, even with my 100% pos. feedback they won't let me sell 'cause I don't have BOTH a credit card AND a checking account! ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"
Reply to
ThaDriver

A Cabriolet (unless it is a Beetle) is a Rabbit. In other words, there are Beetle Cabriolets and there are Rabbit Cabriolets. To add to the confusion, there are also Cabrios. Just ask the seller to be more specific about what car it came out of.

Reply to
Papa

Beetle Cabriolets and there are Rabbit Cabriolets. To add to the confusion, there are also Cabrios. Just ask the seller to be more specific about what car it came out of.

******** "Papa"; In '92 they were just called Cabriolets. Same car, but not called "Rabbit". No more Rabbits. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Reply to
ThaDriver

Yeah, I know - but every time I order a part for my 1988 Cabriolet (not a Bug), invariably the guy thinks I am talking about the Bug until I describe the car further. I wish VW had kept the model names completely distinct.

Reply to
Papa

Or, upon due consideration, I just bet that the VW distributors (not necessarily a part of the VW company) in the United States had a large part to play in the model naming choices for the vehicles sold in the US.

Reply to
Papa