Caddy dash probs

Having probs with my instrument cluster of my 02 plate caddy, which is just a polo with a van bum. Anyway, when am driving the cluster will loose power, all the dials will drop the clock will reset and so will the milometer(sorry). It only lasts for a second the goes back to working normal. The total mileage stays the same though. The dash gives the appearance of when you turn the key and start the engine even when the engine is running. But now its starting to act up more. Sometimes when I switch off ,the rev and speed counter twitch and a can see the oil light flashing. But again, that goes away. Was having a look at the fuse box and just started giving things a wee shake to see if it would make any difference, and it did.

So, has anyone else had this kind of problem. Going to look at the thing in the light of day and see what. But does anyone know where in the fusebox controls the inst cluster.

Am really sorry if this doesn't make sense but am really bad at putting thoughts together. Would rather get it fixed myself instead of paying someone to fix it, like it cost 40 quid to find out that a dodgy air sensor had melted slightly and so smoking a lot when plugged in. A really hater cars at times.

Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jimbo