Catalytic convertors on the new Beetle TDI

I am just now looking at the new Diesel Beetles and I am still learning right now. One thing I noticed when I was looking at one in a shop here in Lincoln, Nebraska is that it had a catalytic convertor on the Turbocharged Diesel motor. This car just happened to have California plates. . . is the CC a California item or is it standard equipment on all the new VW Diesels?

Dennis

Reply to
TwoGuns

NO, been around for 5 years or more on TDI's It's not a California only thing.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Actually VW diesels have had cat's in the US since the 91-92 ECHOdiesel jetta's.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo