2000 vw jetta

I am the new owner of 2000 jetta. I have looked every where for dipstick for trani fluid. Anyone got a picture or can point me in right direction? Appreciate any help.

Reply to
deanandmissy

there is none. level is checked with the VAG scanner and a special procedure.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

VW stopped using dipsticks in the auto tranny in the A4 model. You have to get a VAG-COM or similiar to check the fluid.

Reply to
Peter Parker

You can actually check it with a thermometer. But you need to follow a specific procedure. Buy a Bently book from

or elsewhere. Also go to
and there is a lot of good advice about transmissions. If you don't know if the fluid was changed, I suggest looking into changing it now. Good luck

Reply to
Diarmud387

It stopped back in '95 part way through the '95 model year on the A3s.

Reply to
Matt B.