Changing belts in 98 Passat turbo 1.8T

I want to help my brother change the belts/idler/waterpump/etc in his

90 1.8T Passat. Problem is that I have never done that in such car. Jettas, Mercedes, and even a Renault, yes (I was even going to add a RX7 to see if someone would catch it ). But never a Passat. How hard is it? What does it take? Does it need any special tools or it is just labour and care (as it is an interference engine)?
Reply to
Mauricio

Just about the same as the 90 jetta.

Reply to
Woodchuck

|| I want to help my brother change the belts/idler/waterpump/etc in his ||90 1.8T Passat. Problem is that I have never done that in such car. ||Jettas, Mercedes, and even a Renault, yes (I was even going to add a RX7 ||to see if someone would catch it ).

An RX7 has a water pump belt. Could you be taliing about a timing belt? Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B