Check Engine light on 96 Jetta TREK

My check engine light has come on before now -- but went off by itself a little while later. Now it has come on again and I don't know why. I checked the gas cap to make sure that was on tight, and also got the oil changed the other day. Do I need to worry about this, or take it in to get checked? Thanks.

Reply to
D. Bell

Some autoparts stores will read the code for you. They will give you a "P" code that you can look up actuall error code in the Bentley for your car.

Reply to
Jo Bo