Check Engine light on 96 Jetta Trek

Not sure if this is the correct newsgroup since there are two (aircooled and watercooled). I have a 1996 Jetta TREK (2.0 liter). My check engine light has come on before now then went off by itself a little while later. Now it has come on again and I don't know why. I checked the gas cap to make sure that was on tight, and also got the oil changed the other day. Do I need to worry about this, or take it in to get checked? Thanks.

-db

Reply to
D. Bell

db, there are a few on this board that may be able to help you, but you are likely to get more experienced ideas from the watercooled group...(the groups are based on the cooling system of the vehicles..this group caters to the older vw's that were aircooled...bugs, buses, ghias, things, squares, etc...) good luck

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Ok, I'll try watercooled - thanks man.