Diesel prices rediculous!!

Yes, there were some prototypes (or even small series) of hybrid trucks, targeted for a city use.

On the highway such a truck does not save anything, as most of the time it runs with a constant speed and there is nothing to save.

Reply to
draugaz

I am a conservative but agree with your statement. I am sure they would love to this and still might.

Reply to
Numan

I'm conservative, too -- this is another illustration of how the Republican party is really not conservative at all. But -- let's not let politics get into the VW newsgroup. Sorry about the political commentary, I'll shut up about it now.

Reply to
Brian Running

But bringing up party affiliations is just getting off track. We should be able to discuss the problems inherent with fossil fuels in this NG, how to help solve those problems, and let others in this NG know the technical steps some of us may have taken to ease the situation with our water-cooled VWs. These are really not partisan problems, they are EVERYONE's problems.

Reply to
Papa

Right; political discussions belong to the aircooled VW group, not the watercooled one.

Reply to
René

Reply to
none2u