Dirt in PCV, ABA engine

VW Gti 1994, ABA, 95k miles.

There is a small hose, about 2~3 inches, conecting the PCV valve on top of the valve cover with the intake hose. Today I removed the intake boot and checked it for cracks, and on the small part conecting to the PCV valve there was some oil and, what really made me worry, dirt. Sort of small hard grains. Lots of them.

Where could theese come from? Dirt that was in the oil and wasn't filtered? Metal shavings? They didn't look like metal shavings, thou they were hard.

If this dirt is in that hose, it will make it to the fuel injectors... is it worth worrying? But most important: Why was dirt there??

TIA

Bob

Reply to
ghinghis

had uno just like that and loved it... rest in peace he may :)

no

no

normal. agravated by lots of short trips, but fairly harmless.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski