Remote

I bought a 99.5 Jetta TDI a couple months ago and the remote for the door locks and trunk only had a range of about 5 ft. I was thinking that it needed new batteries so I replaced them. The range it has now is about 10 feet. I'm assuming the range should be about 50 ft. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Dave

Reply to
Dave

... The remotes aren't that good. But I was shown the most ridiculous trick to boost range, and it worked. My friend held the remote under his chin and pressed the buttons.... it worked from across the parking lot (maybe 50 feet, give or take).

Reply to
Rob Guenther

The design limit is only about 15ft but most work to about 25-30ft. As for why it only works close it could be the remote.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Dave