Dragging clutch... 95 Passat VR6

The clutch is dragging in my Passat, with the first eidence of engagement almost at hte floor.

Since it was relatively cheap, I replaced the clutch slave cylinder, which had no effect.

Before I just jump in and replace the clutch master cylinder ( $175) is there anything else that could cause the clutch to drag and engage low to the floor, like a worn clutch disk, worn pressure plte release fingers, worn T/O bearing or such? The car has 135,000 miles? any quick checks other than either tearing it down?

Reply to
ron.dame

nospamplease

Yep, the system was bled and the lines are good....

I agree that a worn clutch 'should' be opposite of what I'm experiencing, but I've had one VW supplier, and know of a Volvo that for some reason,the worn clutch lowered the engagement point...something about the pressure plate fingers being worn.....BUt that much? That's why I'm asking for more opinions.

Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible On eBay now...(Boomerang) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley) 1973 Volvo 1800 ES (Hyacinth Bucket)
Reply to
Ron