Engine switch

Hi,

I was wondering if a diesel rabbit engine fits into a Karmann Ghia? If so do any major modifications have to happen?

Thanks,

Josef

Reply to
JosefG

Thinking that one would have to find a way to fit a radiator in there??? And, thinking there's the whole transaxle thing (the air cooled machines are longitudinal not transverse like the Bunny).... I can't think of one mod that >>>wouldn't

Reply to
Tim Wohlford

Well, he could try to cobble something up with some Diesel Vanagon bits... then the radiator would be the hardest part... I'm thinking the hood would end up looking like a GT-40 with a consequential detrimental effect on trunk space :/

nate

Tim Wohlford wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Anything is possible with enough $$$$! But why would you want to?

Reply to
Woodchuck

I forgot about the air/water cooled problem.

Thanks,

Josef

Reply to
JosefG