Engine will not start

Hello,

I purchased a 1988 Volkswagon golf with a Scirocco 16v 1.8 engine. That was installed by the previous owner. It was working fine until my dad changed the altenator. He did not unplug the battery? Some sparks flew from the battery after touching some wires together. Now the car will not start. The vehicle turns over but no start? Is there a fusible link or another safety devise that I need to know about because I can not find the problem. HELP!

Rick snipped-for-privacy@ca.inter.net

Reply to
Roch

Check if you have a spark. Then check if the fuel pump runs. Check all fuses.

SFC

"Roch" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
SFC