Fuel Release Button 2001 vw Beetle

My fuel release button is broke on the driver side door, How do I remove it from the assembly on driver side door so I can replace it with a new one. I hope I am explaining it correctly.

Reply to
sheher.khan

You have to remove the door panel first to access it.

Reply to
Madesio

I was able to open the door panel with three screws in the bottom of the panel, but not successful in removing the door panel completely cause it seems stuck on top close to the window. So I inserted my hand underneath and pushed the fuel release assembly upward and it pop open, I have to just get the switch for the fuel release and put it in. Thank you for your response though...

Reply to
pasha786 via CarKB.com

(...)

There are two more phillips screws hiding behind the door handle cover. The panel has to then be pushed up, then pulled back.

Reply to
Madesio