[Fwd: Re: Help! '87 Jetta no start]

You might also want to check the thermotime switch,

I checked it per Bentley and it checked out.

however... the

thermotime swich *ONLY* affects the cold start valve when the car is > starting. The high side of the cold start valve is connected directly to > the starter switch, so the moment you get off the starter the cold start > valve stops (unless its leaking or there is a faulty switch or wiring or > something).

I thought it continued as long as the thermo time switch was running

> I tend to think this is an electrical problem, but if you said one of the > fuel injectors seem to be weak, you should check the others. If its just > that one, perhaps the injector is bad, if not then it sounds like a > general fuel problem. Perhaps the pressure regulator, or fuel distributor > or air flow meter (use a magnetic pick-up tool, check if the meter moves > freely),

How do you do that with the intake tract connected? I did pull it off the airbox and it moves, but has some constant friction. I looked for a way to check movement en situ

if you have fuel pressure testing equipment check that. Did you

remove the fuel filter in the banjo bolt at the fuel distributor?

No, but I will check that first.

Is it

possible a fuel line is simply blocked somehow?

Sure. We did a lot of rockin' and sloshin' out there on the track, so something could have come adrift in the plumbing.

Thanks much.

Rex Burkheimer

Reply to
Rex Burkheimer