Golf MK 3 TDI airbag question

I have a 97 Golf GTI/TDI with seat airbags. My Driverseat i badly worn and needs some repairs.

My questions are: What happens when i temporary replace the seat with one without airbag. Will the airbag lamp light go on ? Will it stay on when i reinstall the airbag seat? What do i need to reset the lamp? Greetings from Denmark.... MIC

Reply to
DerGolf

yes,yes, scanner. That's how it is in the USA cars.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck