Golf VR6 or BMW528?!!!!!!!

I will take your word...but there are many who take driving on crowded roads as some type of competitive event. I will confess that seeing an asshole get boxed in or frustrated would bring a smile to my face...I just worry when it escalates to something that can cause big troubles.

Reply to
Tony Bad

You see? Without ever having had any independent confirmation of it, I was always certain that other motorists did indeed enjoy seeing the pricks get a mild comeuppance.

I agree. That's why I stressed the importance of not making eye contact with the BMW-driving prick. This isn't about publicly establishing an NBA-style "I showed you, asshole!" sort of competitive dominance. It's just a small, nearly hidden (but not entirely, as your confession indicates) victory for the good guys.

Reply to
Peter

Well, are you sitting in the left lane blocking traffic? I suppose you wouldn't consider *moving over* (or better yet, not cruising in the left lane to begin with unless passing)?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

So you're saying you bought this car without ever bothering to look at the tires? You're not making yourself look any smarter here.

So *why are you driving fast in the rain*, while not even knowing what kind of tires you have??

I don't think that surprises anyone here, not one bit.

That is, assuming you haven't wrecked it by then.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

No. I never sit in the left lane. I lived in Germany for 18 months, and appreciate that the left lanes ought to be reserved only for overtaking other vehicles.

See my other post and the helpful diagram it contains.

I suppose you wouldn't consider not leaping to hasty, unsupported conclusions, eh?

Reply to
Peter

You assume that someone juvenile enough to drive unsafely is really going to ignore your boxing in or learn a lesson. I "know" people mess with me. Why would anyone possible drive 10 miles over the speed limit in front of me when I want to drive 11 miles over the speed limit. For the same reason I sometimes drive just 10 miles over the speed limit. I am driving a safe speed when I drive 10 or 11 miles over sometimes. Sometimes driving 20 less than the speed limit is the safe speed. Oh that set of circumstances was just some ramblings. People die when juvenile people tailgate and spin out of control or guns get fired. It happens where I live and probably where you live. Maybe not guns but plenty of stupid death and mayhem from excessive speed, tailgating and crappy lane changing.

It is not worth it to try to teach any>T>

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Years ago I was driving with a friend who was not a real good driver, and based on some slight we were both unaware of, a gut in a corvette decided to "teach us a lesson" by cutting in front of us and jamming on his brakes. My friend was never too quick on the pedals, may not have been watching, but never touched the brakes and just creamed the guy in the vette.

Did you ever see what a 1970 Plymouth Fury does to fiberglass in a rear end collision...let's just say I think the vette driver got the biggest lesson that day.

Highway games are dangerous and make the road unsafe for everyone. Pricks will be pricks...just let them go.

Reply to
Tony Bad

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

You're right! How did you know? You're probably the first person on this newsgroup to have figured this out. Or at least the first one with the straight-shooting ethics to actually come out and say it. I admire your forthcomosity.

Man, you just amaze me with your knowledge about me! How on earth did you know about the sunglasses? I paid $800 for them, just because of the designer label! And I was saying, we were driving at night, but I was wearing the sunglasses anyway. Maybe that's what annoyed the other guy? I wish I had you in the car with me, you could have set me straight, pointing out the error of my ways and giving me a lecture on shitwiping, a subject you clearly know a great deal about.

Reply to
4Motion

In Germany, GTi drivers are considered to be pricks. And not only nowadays but for the last 20 years or so. When I tell people over there I own one, they think I'm a prick. Where I live, Gti drivers aren't pricks, I suppose in the US neither.

Bob

Reply to
ghinghis

Huh, I've learned pricks don't buy one brand of cars over another... they are simply just another random prick in any given car.

Reply to
Pencilneck

I don't believe it's random. Maybe a little, but I'm sure there are more pricks behind a 911 or a 330ci than a Dodge caravan or a Honda Insight.

The only thing that's left is to drive carefully and respecting others.

Bob

Reply to
ghinghis