he-si-ta-tion

I asked my neighbor how he liked his 1yr old passat, and he said, "Fine, except it hesitates when I accelerate" ...All I could think was Gott in Himmel, they STILL have this problem? My 69 Squareback, 79 Rabbit, 86 Golf....Why can't those wiener schnitzel engineers fix that plague of a problem? UNREAL. Vapor lock, fuel delivery, whatever. Well, I sold out a decade ago and got a Toyota...150k later, smooth sailing with only routine maintenance.

Reply to
camry-keeper

He probably has a 1.8T and the automatic transmission... I test drove one a month ago, and they have annoying turbo lag when starting up... The engine isn't hesitating, but the turbo spools up and causes the car to start pulling a lot harder... There's nothing technically wrong with the car. Since Toyota doesn't use many turbo's in their model ranges you just don't feel this "problem" with your Camry. If I were to buy a Passat i'd go with the V6 engine - no lag there (if he has a V6 then i'd get it looked at), and it feels as smooth as any Toyota motor I have hear run (I've been in a couple Toyota V6 powered cars - really plain and boring cars inside, but nice engines)

Reply to
Rob Guenther

nice trolling....

Reply to