Hello everybody sehaare is back from off the cost of IRAQ

Finally back from the Persian gulf and up on the internet. I was suppose to catch just the last 3 months of the USS Abraham Lincoln cruise but got extended to 6 months and after waiting about 2 more months for my internet to get set up it is good to be back in the group. For those of you who remember I was transferred from Charleston SC to Bremerton WA and was going to attempt to drive the 81 Rabbit convertible across country in 2 steps. The first was to Illinois prior to going overseas which went fine with the exception of a small coolant hose leak. The second leg was suppose to be when I returned 2 months latter. But instead the car had to sit for 7 months. It started on the first try when I returned. The 2nd leg went ok but I did lose a CV joint in Minneapolis rush hour traffic and a leaking wheel cylinder in Bismarck. But the car is now sitting in my garage and while I didn't really enjoy having to pay other people to fix my car on the road at least it failed where I didn't get stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Well once again it's good to be back and expect me to be here on a daily basis again.

Steve

Reply to
sehaare

Steve.

I don't recall posts from you but welcome back and a big thanks for your work in the Golf!

Joe R

Reply to
Joe R

Welcome back