Help: oil pressure warning

I have a 1992 Mk3 Golf 1.8 Auto. The oil pressure warning light and buzzer sound shortly after moving off (only when moving). The car is quite happy to start-up, idle and be revved at standstill without the warnings. The sensor resets itself after the engine is switched off then restarted, only to restart after being in motion for a short time. We have checked the oil pressure, all appears to be fine 4.5bar @ 3500rpm. The oil filter has also been changed, the oil levels are correct, oil grade is right and the general condition of the engine is fine - no blow-by, oil usage etc.

Has anybody any experience of this fault?

Alistair

Reply to
David Gibbins

Darryl

Thanks for the suggestion, both of the sensors are located on the oil filter on the late 92 model, both are working correctly. Even isolating these circuits the alert continues to trigger. I have even isolated the spedometer curcuit (electrical sensor on gearbox) in the hope of narrowing the reasons as to why the problem only occurs whilst in motion and over

20mph, but to no avail.

Regards

Alistair

Reply to
David Gibbins

You may have a bad ground connection to the engine. Losing the ground will set of the pressure alarm. When the car begins to move the torque from the transmission may be causing the engine to move making the ground intermittent. Check and clean the grounds.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Jim B.

Reply to