HELP!! Smelly 02" Passat

Whenever I drive with the a/c off and the air recirculation button off, the air that is coming in thru the vents tends to have a foul musty odor. It smells just fine when I run the a/c and recirc. on. When am I supposed to change the cabin filter? I have 41,000 mls. on the car and this problem started a few weeks back. I'll be taking her in for an oil change in a couple of weeks and I'll ask my service guy about it. I'm posting here because I am curious if anyone else has had this problem. If it's something serious can somebody let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Reply to
russola

Hi!

Well... kind of. My '01 Passat, 73k km (about 45k mls) started to have somewhat of a smell through the a/c recently. It is only noticable right after start. The smell is a bit plastic, kind of the smell of plastic boats... It seems more noticable when the weather is hot...

/Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Heder

I think the cabin filer change is specified at 20K mile intervals.

Bill

Reply to
William Maslin