How do you prove you've followed the Maintenance Schedule?

I do all of my own work and I am usually way ahead of the recommended schedule. I save all of my receipts for oil and filters and such and I write, date in the owners manual what I have done.

In the event of a failure, lets say an internal engine failure for example, is this proof enough?

How do other DIY folks document that they have followed the schedule?

tia!

psycho

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

If you have a really good dealer, befriend a service consultant and have them verify your work. I mean, VW can't refuse a warranty claim if you have proof of all the parts being purchased and the mileage documented.

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Yes you are fine! But I usually a owner just to keep a small note book with dates and what was done. The only way VW will question you if down the road something happens such as the engine blows up and all you note book entries look like they were done yesterday. You know, all the same color of ink and no fading or wrinkling of pages in the last 75,000 miles??? I have a

60,000mile 1.8t Passat in which the oil doesn't look like it's been changed in years along with the inside be slugged up. Oil pump plugged up, etc, and it looks like VW is paying for the repair.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks everyone for the the advice!

psycho!