Hydr. Valve Lifter Question, 1.7/1.8L

I have a 1981 Pickup ("Caddy", 1.7L gas engine) with the old style non-hydraulic lifters. I also have a set of new hydraulic lifters for the

1.7/1.8 which I was going to use on another engine but did not. Will these lifters drop right into the older non-hydraulic heads? I haven't taken a close look or measured anything but they look like they would fit. It's time for a vale adjustment on the old beast, but I'd much rather just replace the lifters and never worry about it again. Aside from maybe replacing the oil pump with a newer high volume version, are there any recommendations? Thanks in advance, -Dave
Reply to
<dgregor

snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com spake thusly:

No.

I haven't taken a

#1, chances are fair that the valves are not out of adjustment. #2, even if they are, replacing them is not too bad a job, even witout the special tools. You just need to remove the camshaft, following Bentley's instructions.

HTH, H2Only

Reply to
H2Only

Reply to