Is fixing VWs an illness . Or therapy.

I got the 86 diesel rolling again. Its been parked since last fall. New driveshaft, A frame bushings, Sealed the fuel pump, two glowplugs, Aluminum honeycombs. Charged the battery and it fired right up , even forgetting to leave the glowplugs on . Unfortunately the front of the drivers seat is just about to fall through the floor. The cross brace is below floor level. Granted this car has been totaled twice, I must have an illness. Anyone think fixing old VWs is an illness. Or therapy.

Reply to
none2u

Emphatically, therapy!

When you attempt to actually drive such a beast as you describe on public streets - THEN, it becomes an illness. This seems like the perfect get-around-the-farm vehicle...

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Emphatically, therapy!

When you attempt to actually drive such a beast as you describe on public streets - THEN, it becomes an illness. This seems like the perfect get-around-the-farm vehicle...

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA . _ _ >>I'm afraid a bumpy farm might finish it off. I just took it over to BestBuy to see about getting a new TV .Because it will fit in there. Unfortunately they stopped making CRT TVs that are 32-36in. range. Who would've known. I've had offers so someone could drive it around the steel plant because they could pilfer diesel fuel in there. The local teenagers seem to be after it. They keep bugging me to sell it, because they have a complete ground effects kit. Really I think its too far gone to sell. Which is why I keep piddling around with it. Plus it really is good in the snow, and it keeps the salt from rotting my 2005 Toyota. I'm thinking of getting me a yield or stop sign to weld in a new floor. I had a four door Rabbit break in half on the freeway once right behind the seat. It split straight up to the roof. It had to be flat bedded. Because they couldn't jack it up high enough to get the floor off the road. So I'm not really afraid of it.

Reply to
none2u

I vote you buy another body for that diesel engine, or sell that diesel engine where it sits! I had to let an '89 Jetta dieselget away from me after the body got totalled a few years ago. I had no space for the diesel engine at that time. :-(

Therapy for an illness! That is my story and I am sticking to it! lol

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

For the working poor that are lucky enough to have an older functioning VW that gets 30ish mpg, maintaining such a vehicle is a necessity. They can't afford a new vehicle that gets those mpg numbers.

Reply to
Dioclese

Reply to
None4You