Odd VWs

Stil haven't registered the 64 Bug yet. Off to daughter's wedding in NC tomorrow, I've been a little busy :).

Anyway I bought an older Honda this year, so I have been looking at MC stuff and came across this site:

Look around, you'll find VW powered bikes. And I don't mean the trikes we have all seen.... pretty weird.

Hey, whilst I have your attention, my Honda Rebel 450 looks a lot like a rat bike. Any ideas on how to clean up oxidized engine cooling fins, casings, etc.? I really don't want a "ratbike" (and I dare you to do a google on "furry" cycles, or fur-o-dynamics).

Oh yeah, any recommendations on things to do, eat, see, drink in Asheville NC?

Later,

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan and Colleen Wooten

Never wash a Japanese motorcycle. It will never respect you again.

Reply to
jjs

The Biltmore estate,and the Grove Park Inn are two must see's. Biltmore has a winery and restaurant,It is the largest private residence in the U.S. Do a google search and also find the chamber of commerce site for Asheville,lots to see, do, and eat in Asheville.

Freddy

Bryan and Colleen Wooten wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

Thanks, the daughter is getting married in Raleigh and the day after the wedding the wife and I are heading to Asheville for 3 days. We are staying at the Grove Park Inn... But honestly, we are more into the blue collar, locals scene, black tie and jackets ain't fer us. Give us a fish shack, cold beer and friendly people over cloth napkins and "wine stewards" any day.

I did a google to seek out a day hike on the AT trail and found one that mentioned stopping at a hot springs for a soak after the hike. I checked their WEB page. TWENTY-FIVE Dollars for ONE Hour in the tubs! WTF! Sorry, I've been spoiled by the West where the Hot Pots are free... Just need to know where to go and be willing to walk.

I'm sure we'll have a great time. I was just shocked by some of the prices I saw in my search.

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan and Colleen Wooten