It the Bentlely correct on relay order on an 88 Golf?

I have a non working rear wiper. The Bentley shows the relay next to the fuel pump relay - 2nd over from the end - right to left on top.

Oddly, in this space is a relay that has a tiny speaker on top that makes me believe that it is that annoying music when you leave your key in relay. I also tried it and the sound does not work when you leave the key in - so this leads me to believe - that maybe the relays were positioned in the wrong spots or Bentley is wrong. They do say that different vins may have relays in different spots.

Anyone know the correct relay order in an 88 US Golf GL? I notice the spot

1, 2, and the music relay socket (perhaps where it is wrongly pushed in, second over from right to left on the top long row) would fit in those slots. Where is this music relay (for the key when it is left in, correctly, if this is not where it should be) I have a feeling that the relays may have been serviced and alike relays were swapped. Thusly, the rear wiper does not work and the key-left-in music. Fuse is fine and i tested the circuit in the back.

Harry

Reply to
Harry

All works. Relays fixed. No need to answer this if anyone knew (I am a dreamer). I simply replaced all the relays by part numbers and ran the Bentley schems - it has some tampering. Man, did this group die-down - I remember the last time I posted a couple years ago or so - it was rockin'.

Harry

Reply to
Harry

I know what you mean, Harry. There seems to be a very low level of response to questions in this NG. Almost all of the questions I have asked have had no responses at all - even a week or longer after posting. Maybe the experts are congregating in some other NG under a non-Earthlink server.

Reply to
Papa