Jetta TDI Sport Edition

My dealership is offering a good deal on a 2004 Jetta TDI Sport edition. I understand that making a model decision is one that I will need to decide based on my preferences and a good test drive, but I would appreciate some opinions from those familiar this car.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Are the "upgrades" (sport seats, sports suspension, ESP, larger wheels) useful; do they make a significant difference in performance? Just asking for your thoughts based on actual use, I always like to hear what others have to say.

Thanks, Vern

Reply to
Vern Tarbutt

Rob Guenther

The "upgrades" would make it handle a little better, ride a little worse, and have a little more road noise. The car would still be reasonably quiet and comfortable, though. Both the sport and standard seats are very good, at least for me (5'10" 150# male). Test drive both a standard and Sport Edition car on a variety of road surfaces if you can.

I have ESP on my car, but have not ever activated it. ESP would presumably make you let likely to spin and crash if you overcook a curve.

'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, manual transmission

Reply to
Kokomo Kid