junk yard

Looking for some good VW junk yards in the New York area. Any suggestions anyone?

Reply to
Dion

Truthfully, you can get great recycled parts from The Parts Place in Auburn Hills, MI and you don't have to go romping in the mud and find the parts yourself.

I have used these guys for years and have no complaints..

The Parts Place

2300 Opdyke Road Auburn Hills, MI 48326 248-373-2300 FAX 248-373-5950
Reply to
Biz

vw parts heaven,in fleishmans ,ny outside of woodstock/phonecia off of RT.28 .1-800 VW-PARTS

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

If you mean the NY city area, I have been looking for almost 30 years and haven't found one!

There are some foreign car places, but their VW selection is hit of miss. Lately I have had a few things sent after finding them on ...

I find that while you have to pay shipping, the cost of the part itself is usually lower...I guess they don't have to pay that big NY rent!!

As someone else suggested, the Parts Place in Michigan is another good option.

Reply to
Tony Bad

Reply to
Dion

there is UPS shipping you know,so does it matter if its in ny state or nyc......nobody lets you in anymore anyway because of insurance liability

Reply to
RLGIRSCH