Key update.. micro switch?

Well, after asking around about my key problem (door would unlock/lock, but wouldn't always activate/deactivate the alarm) I've found out that the problem probably isn't with the key, but with the mechanism itself, namely the microswitch.

Does anyone know of a site that sells these? I haven't priced it at the dealership yet, but I have a feeling that it's going to be overpriced, if an alternative is out there. I'm not sure if I'd have to order the whole thing, or if the microswitch is available on its own.

Anyway, figured I'd ask.

Thanks again for any help/advice offered.

Mark Currie

Reply to
Mark Currie

Gota get the complete latch assembly, and list price is about $110.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

That's cheaper than the new key.. well, almost anyway. Thanks for the info though. It'll help narrow down my search.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Currie

And you need a funky 12-point screwdriver to get the old ones out.

...Sean.

Reply to
CheetoDust