MBPI/Dealer Services

I have been contacted by `Dealer Services' offering extended warranty - bumper-to-bumper - for my Passat which is now out of warranty... they advertise on the website mbpnetwork.com... and I have no knowledge of them or their service... has anyone any experience with them? thanks, J

Reply to
jeslawrence

As a technician in a dealership (7 years Chevrolet, 2 VW), I deal with ALL KINDS of extended warranties - and aside from the manufacturer "certified" warranties, MBPI seems to be the best - by far. I'm not sure what you mean by "dealer services" - didn't see anything about them when I glanced at the website. But I bought an MBPI E.W. when I bought my '00 TDI Jetta - they don't seem to try to "weasel out" of covering components, they are fair to the technicians with their labor times/rates, and they cover a LOT of stuff, depending on the level of coverage you buy.

Reply to
Paul

hey Paul, e-mail me I got something you may be interested in! A meeting place for ONLY VW techs.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Hey! Can't the rest of us losers know the secret handshake?! You'd think that maintaining my own VW for 18 years (with lots of help from this group of course) would give me some clout! ; )

Reply to
Kent

I may open the forums to the public later this year but in order to cover the ISP bandwidth & database expense it will be a paid service. Are you still interested?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Need you ask? I'm the frugal DIYer (aka cheap control freak) who drives an

18 year old VW, remember? I was just yanking your chain though. I wish you luck with this service.
Reply to
Kent