Breakdown services

Are all these breakdown services the same?

Been with Green Flag for a year (Recovery Plus) and my renewal quotes £85 which includes a 10% NCD.

On their website, I'm quoted £69 for the same level of service, without any NCD.

Have emailed Green Flag for their response but got an absolutely useless reply, which they suggested I should disregard any way.

----------------------- Please disregard this email.

Amanda Taylor

Customer Contact Representative

Direct Line & Greenflag

Sales and Customer Services, Birmingham

__________________

Dear Mr Jones

Thank you for your email.

I would advise that an enhanced discount is offered if you take a policy

priority

Amanda Taylor

<me

And? It's common knowledge that you get a whacking discount to sign up=20 as a new customer then get stuffed on renewal time. Same for car=20 insurance as well which is why only the terminally stupid don't go=20 shopping elsewhere at renewal time.

--=20 Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

Reply to
Conor

You suprise me. I am with GF and have had no trouble at all from them. Renewal for the 'full whack' service was indeed £69 for me just a few weeks back.

Reply to
Llareggub

Was there something you wanted?

Is it? I've never needed these services before. Until recently I was able to carry out my own repairs if needed, but thanks for your obvious experience in theses matters.

Don't they? Again, I'll take your word for it.

Reply to
<me

Obviously I could renew now online, and get it for £69, but after my reply to their email, I doubt I'll be welcomed back :-)

Reply to
<me

You probably will. Book online as a new customer and it will just accept you, especially if you changed your name ever so slightly, ie from Jon to John. They'll never make the connection, it's all automated.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thanks Steve, but I really don't think I want to now.

Reply to
<me