mk2 golf gearbox

Dear all A dreaded e-mail from daughter living away from home Her mk2 golf won't go into reverse gear anymore although will go into the other four gears. She is changing her car this weekend at home Is it a known easy fault or is it time to send the car to the scrapyard It is 1990 1.3 with 126,000 miles on the clock Will try and do a more accurate telephone diagnosis tonight Any hints at what the problem might be would be much appreciated I will have a go at simple things but have grown out of taking gearboxes apart Many thanks Geoff

Reply to
G.W. Smethurst

||Dear all ||A dreaded e-mail from daughter living away from home ||Her mk2 golf won't go into reverse gear anymore although will go into the ||other four gears. ||She is changing her car this weekend at home ||Is it a known easy fault or is it time to send the car to the scrapyard ||It is 1990 1.3 with 126,000 miles on the clock ||Will try and do a more accurate telephone diagnosis tonight ||Any hints at what the problem might be would be much appreciated ||I will have a go at simple things but have grown out of taking gearboxes ||apart ||Many thanks ||Geoff

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B