87 golf heater fan switch

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement blower motor fan switch for a 87 golf with A/C. It is the square switch not the round one dealer says it is no longer avaiable.

Reply to
probarge

post a part number or picture. I thought that most of A2 blower switches were the same and either a 3 speed switch or maybe 4 speed switch. I remember that the American Rabbits had a rectangular switch which is difficult/expensive to get.

Your part number might be 321-959-511A (for a/c) or 171-959-511 maybe if it is the same as the Jettas. I would get the harness for a Jetta heater blower switch and update it to a Jetta style. That is if you couldn't find a good working switch out of the J-Yard. Time to get creative!!

just my $0.02 later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
One out of many daves

wrote

Just go to one of the pull it yourself yards or ask for the part at a salvage yard if you want it cheap. In that case they could send a worker out and pull it easily. I use a lot of used parts on my 88 Golf and never had a problem. The switch comes right out in a minute.

Harry

Reply to
Harry