Need help with my 91 Cabby Brakes?

I've just got a 91 cabby about 1 month now. I've had a vw shop put new brakes and w/cyls on back, it has reground rotters and new pads on the frount,he put new struts on the frount,

It runs and drives fine, but it don't seem to stop real good I gotta put a lot of pressure on the petal and it dont have much braking.

Could it be something else the the mech missed? Or is this the way the brakes work on a cabby?

Sure would like to have better brakes on the cabby does anyone have any IDEAS as to what else needs to be done?

Would sure appreciate any help on this you can post here or email me at

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

Thanks Again Bat-Man

Reply to
Bat- Man

Might want to do a vacuum test on the brake booster to make sure it's working. They have been known to rust out (like my Caddy's did). Same symptoms too: new pads/rotors, extreme pedal pressure required to stop (i.e. no boost).

tedb

Reply to
tedb