new tdi fried clutch experiences

I have 6000 miles on my '03 jetta tdi and the clutch failed. Dealer claimed abuse which is not true and denied warranty coverage.

Has anyone had bad clutch experiences with new jettas, especially the tdi?

I have registered a complaint with vw of a and would appreciate any information that may be available.

Thanks,

Larry

Reply to
rykese

If you talk to the VW rep he might pay for the first clutch but that's all. The reason is that maybe the clutch was miss-handled during shipping? But normally clutch failure is owner related and not a part failure. I know... you didn't want to here that. Are you the "only" person who drives the TDI, or are there others like younger drivers, or an significant other?

Reply to
Woodchuck
53000 miles 2001 Jetta TDI clutch still works fine.

It's had a new Mass Air Flow sensor yesterday and Glow plugs at 40,000 but no clutch replacements.

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Rob Guenther
75000 miles on mine and not a problem. TDIs have tremendous torque and if you're one of those drivers who rest your foot on the pedal it will slip and burn for sure.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Oddly enuff where I'm at, all of the low milage clutch failures have been from "young drivers". Clutch abuse is pretty easy to figure out, there are all kinds of tale-tail signs. For example, tiny cracks all over the flywheel/pressure plate, spline damage to the clutch, massive "dead rat" ball of clutch fiber, blue-ish hue of pressure plate and flywheel. Does this describe your clutch in any way?

All of the "clutch failures" I have seen have been one the 1.8T and VR6, and like I said, they are "young drivers". Never seen/heard of problems form the TDI.

Pencilneck blah blah blah

Reply to
Pencilneck

119,000 km on the clutch of my TDI 2002 and not a single issue with it.

Peter

Eastern Spey Clave, October 4th and 5th, 2003

Visit The Streamer Page at

Peter Charles

My 99.5 jetta tdi has 106k miles and a good original clutch. A clutch in any car, let alone a tdi with lots of low end grunt, can be destroyed in a very short time! Sounds like you killed it. Learn to drive a stick properly or trade it for a auto.

Joe

Reply to
Joe R

Ah, feel the love!!

Aren't you glad you asked?

|> Has anyone had bad clutch experiences with new jettas, especially the |> tdi? |>

|> I have registered a complaint with vw of a and would appreciate any |> information that may be available. |>

|> Thanks, |>

|> Larry | |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to