No heat

I put in Prestone Stop Leak to fix a leaking rad. Well it also fixed my heater core. My heater core is clogged with this crap , and I have no heat. Any suggestions on how to clean this stuff out?

Thanks

Reply to
Iamfreezing

Sorry I don't have any suggestions other than to plan on replacing the radiator when you do the heater core, as that stuff is sure to stay in the heater a lot longer than it is going to plug the leaks in the radiator.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Hope you learned your lesson about using stop leak...I dont beleive you can clean it out...

Reply to
Biz

Move to Florida. Other than that back flush the core. Otherwise, replace the core.

Reply to
Woodchuck

If you have to use a stop leak in the future try an egg-white. No yolk, no joke.

Reply to
Ronman