Oil filter drain screw 95 VR6

I had the oil changed about a month ago. I saw some driveway spotting. The oil is clean, so it was not initially obvious.

Looking under the car, I see a hole in the bottom of the filter cap. I was thinking there was a drain bolt that should go in the hole in that round metal insert that is inset into the black plastic. Do I remember correctly?

And if I remember correctly, why is the oil not coming out faster?

Reply to
Tom's VR6

should be a 6mm aluminum plug. Who did the oil change?

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

A Walmart, and I brought the filter AND the little gasket ...

Thanks.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Walmart, destroying one VW at a time!

Reply to
Lost again

Reply to
none2u

I intended to post back a correction. After I bought the screw for $15 (actually a pretty fancy thing) and thought it over, I now think that it's there, and something just needs tightening. I was planning to get under the car as soon as I was past a sore throat. Or else I will take it back.

I was confusing the allen head socket for a screw hole with a missing screw. I did not inspect carefully enough obviously. So that explains why I was/am not losing oil at a rapid rate.

Reply to
Tom's VR6