passat codes

I replaced a cracked vaccum hose and would like to get rid of the check engine light.

Is there a way without an engine monitor tool on an 02 Passat 1.8T ?

A friend will be updating his MAC scanner soon, for the Passat, but I hope that there is another way.

TIA - Steve

Reply to
Steve G.

If indeed fixed it should go out within 5 days.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

I was told by a service manager at a local VW dealer that you can clear the codes by removing the battery cables and then touching them together. Haven't tried it myself.

Reply to
Brian Running

WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!

Reply to
Lost again

Reply to
Alex

I don't doubt that for a second. That would not be the first piece of erroneous VW advice this dealer has given.

Reply to
Brian Running

Reply to
Steve G.