Polo Battery Clip

Hi all...

I'm not in the least bit car minded, but thought I was capable of changing a battery!

My daughter has a 98' Polo, and I can't figure out how you get the clip off the sides of the battery that hold the box on top of it with the electrical gubbins in it (four, what looks like fuses, I think). I can see how to get the actual battery out no problem with the clamp at the bottom, but can't get the box off the top first! Sorry if the explanation wasn't too great either. :-)

Help anyone?

TIA

Reply to
Brainfire

Why are you installing the battery yourself? Every place I have ever purchased one have installed them for me.

Reply to
Papa

Due to her being a 'poor' student, she bought it from a motor factors who don't do installation, only very good prices!

Reply to
Brainfire

I have been having them installed too, but I find that I need to check the install. I once found a loose battery terminal, and last time the heating blanket was not properly installed.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

All this is wonderful stuff, but it's not really helping me, is it?

Reply to
Brainfire

Then stop by a VW service center and speak to the service manager, who should be more than willing to explain the procedure to you.

Other than that, go to the VWvortex forum. Many experts participate there, and love to give detailed answers to just about any VW technical question there is.

If you are intending to do much of your own maintenance, you should purchase a Bentley Service Manual (about $50). Bentley's are the best manuals available for VW vehicles.

Reply to
Papa

A bit egocentric? It is not stopping somebody who know about your battery box from posting.

Reply to
Tom's VR6