Problem with Hood Hinge on 84 Rabbit

Hi, I've just purchaed a 1984 VW Diesel Rabbit. It has a problem where it is missing the pin/screw (?) that holds one of the hood hinges to the body of the car. As a result, the hood is only attached by one hinge to the car currently. I need to find a way to get the other hinge mounted to the car. Can anybody tell me what is the name or part number that I should be looking for?

Thanks! Bryan Walton

Reply to
Bryan K. Walton

Hope that helps:

(182kb)

Reply to
René

Hi Rene, Thank you very much for the picture. After seeing this picture, I think I have a better idea of what I need. Specifically, I think I need the items in position 6, 7, and 8. Which leads me to two questions. 1) The screenshot you sent me has the part numbers for parts in positions 7 and 8. Can you please send me the part number for the part in position 6? Also, 2) I can't tell from the photo, but is the item in position 13 the part that connects to the lock washer in position 8 to hold the hinge to the body of the car?

Thanks, Bryan Walton

Reply to
Bryan K. Walton

Sorry, didn't notice I scrolled the top of the list away. Here ya go:

René

Thanks again Rene. Two final questions: 1) That looks like a nice computer program you have to show you part numbers. Is that a program that I can purchase? Or must you be a VW dealer or mechanic? 2) Do I need to get the parts from my VW dealer? Or do you know of an online store that sells these parts?

Thanks! Bryan

Reply to
Bryan K. Walton